Highlight Reel 2 (Krispy Kremes, Sydney)


Rewind back to 10 December 2006 and CB and I spent a weekend (and Friday) in Sydney. The main purpose of the trip was to see one of my favourite bands, Gamma Ray, who flew from Germany to do 2 shows in Down Under. I can honestly say that it was worth it, GR didn't disappoint and played a good set of oldies and newies, even though they didn't play one of my faves "Heal Me".. in any case, this post is about donuts, not music :)
People over east can take advantage of food chains such as Starbucks (another favourite of mine) and Krispy Kremes. As I am a frequent forum dweller of numerous car related groups, I keep on seeing meet points at such locations. People who had been over east (and overseas) also harped on about KK. I knew I had to try it for myself.
The above picture was taken just before I had my first KK donut. We were in the city somewhere and had found a sign from a mall, and decided to have a snack. After the happy snap, I tore open the bag and sunk my teeth into one of the most freshest and tastiest custard filled chocolate donuts I've ever eaten. Yum .. I am hooked.
Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing), KK has not come to Perth.... We do miss out on some good franchises but .. KK, Starbucks, Sushi Train Express are a few I can think of right now.. :(

No comments: