25 June - 2 Fat Indians


Apologies for the photos .. I was testing out my new camera phone in dim conditions and even on night mode, it's not that good. The photos turned out much alike the food and service here...

We were crammed in like sardines, the place was packed full of people and it was hard to talk, and the service wasn't that spectacular ... finished plates and glasses remained on the table even when other staff came to top up our water. We eventually had to dump our used plates onto another empty reserved table to make room.

As for the food? For starters, I ordered a Calamari Chilli Milli, described as "Calamari deep fried and tossed with vegetables and Indian spices". The squid was overdone and tough, and vegetables meant half cooked onion and capsicum.

For a main, I ordered Tandoori Sholay, described as "A combination of prawn, fish and chicken, cooked with onion, capsicum and kadahi masala gravy. Accompanied with naan / rice"... more onions and capsicum! The prawn was also overdone and tough, and I never got naan / rice. I was so disappointed with my main that I didn't even bother finishing it (a first for me).

I ordered a mango lassi but was also disappointed. It wasn't very cold, and seemed to have used canned mango instead of fresh (can definitely tell the difference).

Overall, I don't think I'd go back to this place. It was too noisy, too cramped and the food was too ordinary.

No comments: