20 Oct - The Greek, Northbridge

On Saturday, the group went to The Greek for my birthday.




For an entree, I had a dish called Spanakopita. It is described as "Traditional Greek dish of Spinach, Leek and Fetta Cheese Triangles wrapped in crisp Filo Pastry". It sounds pretty good but for me, it was OK. The filo wasn't as crispy as I thought it would be, and the filling wasn't savoury enough for my liking. I had preferred CB's mushroom entree, and I think she preferred mine....




For mains, I went for a well known Greek dish. It was Moussaka. Described as "Traditional Greek Recipe of Layered Eggplant, Potato, Fresh Herbs, Minced Beef and Lamb topped with a White Cheese Sauce. Served with a Side Salad.", to me, it was nice but wasn't too different from lasagne. There was bacon in the meat sauce which definitely saved it .. it made the dish much more tasty/savoury.




Desert time came around and I went for 'Galaktoboureko', "individual Greek style vanilla custard pie wrapped in Golden Filo Pastry and served with Honey and Icecream and drizzled with a light syrup." Again, it was ok, but nothing to rave home about. I was expecting a sweet rich custard like a bakers custard but it wasn't as vanilla as I wouldve liked it to be.

No comments: