28 Jun - Kappys Restaurant, Guildford

We went to Kappys Restaurant for Ah Stan's birthday last night. We were seated inside, which was a good thing as it was freezing and raining outside...

Instead of going for a starter, I opted for mains and desert only. Since they were BYO only and Ah Stan was getting VB, I also asked for some Stone's Ginger Beer (see previous posts)

For my meal, I opted for the Veal Parmigiana. It went down a treat, although a little soggy. I must say that all the parmigianas I've had eating out have had a watery tomato base. But it still tasted good. The potatoes were boiled I think, and the spinach hid some grilled carrot and zucchini which was smokey.

For desert, I ordered the meringue, with cream and berries. The pic looks like icecream but it was meringue. It was soft, sweet, with the berries giving a tart contrast.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience. I believe the management has changed hands since the last time we went to Kappys years ago did not have food as good as last night.

No comments: