12 Jul - Wedding at Burswood

Last night, CB and I were invited to a workfriend of mines wedding reception. The venue was a function room at Burswood and dinner was a Chinese banquet, consisting of over 10 courses.

Four Seasons Combination Platter: Spring Rolls, Prawns Cutlet, Pork Knuckles and Jellyfish with Duck Meat.

Skarks Fin Soup with shredded Chicken.

Stewed Duckling with Chinese Mushroom.

Sauteed King Prawns with Macadamia Nuts.

Poached Chicken with vegetables.

Steamed Fresh Whole Fish.

Sea Salt Pork Ribs.

Combination Fried Rice.

Chilled Mango Pudding.

Wedding Cake.

CB and I stopped off at the roulette table on the way back to the car, where I put down $5 on number 8. This was due to us being seated on table 8, 8 being a lucky number for the Chinese and also being told I didn't embrace my inner Asian. The picture above tells the rest of the story. 35:1 odds, and it landed on 8! woot woot!

No comments: