8 Aug - Elie's Tent, Victoria Park

For CB's birthday, we went out to Elie's Tent, a Lebanese place in Victoria Park. The booking was big enough for us to get a table with couches.

For entree, I went for the Bastorma, which was defined on the menu as "thin slices of hot seasoned smoked beef". It was quite smokey and a bit like jerky, but was not hot at all. Eaten with the lebanese bread, it was a little dry but still quite tasty.


For mains, I went for the BBQ Platter, which has "Shish Tawook, Shish Kebab, Kafta, Falafel, Hoummos, Moutabbal and Tabbouleh". I ate most of the plate, but left about half the tabbouleh. After eating most things with some lebanese bread, I was stuffed.

All in all the food was pretty tasty. CB's BBQ platter was tweaked to including chicken instead of lamb, and she got some cut up chicken meat which tasted oh so good. I got harassed by the bellydancer because I was not watching her when she was dancing. She tried pulling me up, but my two left feet couldn't stand up properly..... Note to self: sit as far away from the main "hall" if there is a next time.

No comments: