29 Nov – Sydney Work Trip II Day 2

The morning started off at 5:40AM (2:40AM WST.. argh). I had a shower, got dressed and then went downstairs at 6:30AM for breakfast. It was an extra $15 for a buffet breakfast at the hotel.

29112010474

I had a plate of hot stuff, bacon, eggs, sausage, baked beans. The beans were quite firm so not very nice. The bacon and eggs were good though.

29112010475

Second round consisted of some waffles, maple syrup, fruit and since they didn’t have cream, I went for yoghurt. This was OK, the waffles were in a warmer and so weren’t as crunchy as could be.

My colleagues and I hopped into the car and drove to Epping where our training course was being held. As I didn’t get much sleep, I had a coffee but it didn’t really help. I was slowly nodding off at times during the course. It wasn’t because the subject was boring, it was cos I was sitting and listening.

Lunch consisted of sandwiches, some cold deli antipasto (mushrooms, eggplant, capsicum) and some fruit.

After the course finished, we headed back to the hotel. I spent a little time online and then met up with the others to have dinner. We stopped by at “I’m Angus Steak House” in Darling Harbour, where 2 of us had ribs. I went for the beef ribs and a serve of chips.

29112010477 29112010476

Flavourwise, the ribs were awesome. They were also very meaty. The only letdown was that they were tough in places, which was a shame. I swapped some beef ribs for pork and they had a different glaze. Not as good, but oh so tender.

No comments: