5 Jan - Botanical Cafe, Kings Park

Last night I had dinner with CB and a few friends at Botanical Cafe in Kings Park. This is a budget eatery for the patrons not wanting to spend the cashola at nearby Frasiers. Service was nonevident, you have to go up and order, and the drinking glasses had water marks.

I ordered the 'fish of the day', which came with beans, sauteed potatoes and an iced coffee. CB ordered a large chips as a side as her calamari didn't say it came with chips, even though it did.

The Ice Coffee was ok but didn't contain any icecream, just cream and coffee. I personally like icecream and some ice cubes but it was drinkable.
The fish was nicely cooked, it was moist and flakey. The beans, fish and potatoes were all dressed in olive oil but it was just a little bland for my liking. It wasn't seasoned well (and no salt and pepper at the table) and no lemon for the fish either!


The chips came with a dish of aioli. The chips were lukewarm and a bit stale upon arrival, and the aioli was not garlicky at all. The chips were a disappointment.
Overall, I don't think I enjoyed this place enough to go back. The lack of service (cafes should still have proper service), the half an hour wait for the food (with the cafe not that full) and the food being uninspiring and not up to standard means I will go to other places before going back to this one.

No comments: