7 Apr - La Porchetta, Morley

Last night, I had dinner out at La Porchetta as it was CB's sister's birthday. In the pizza mood, CB and I shared a couple of pizzas. In typical La Porchetta style, the pizzas came out 5 - 10 minutes before everyone else got their meals from the kitchen, so we finished before everyone else.

The two pizzas we shared were the Antipasto and Rocky's Special.


Rocky's Special - "Slices of tomato, mozzarella, tuna, marinated seafood, basil, olive oil on a tomato sauce base."
Verdict - The pizza was pretty bland, there was hardly any tuna or marinated seafood.


Antipasto - "Marinated artichokes, eggplant, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, capers,
mushrooms, zucchini, mozzarella on a tomato sauce base."
Verdict - Too salty, due the the sheer amount of capers on the pizza. I thought I'd give it another shot since CB loves this pizza, but yeah, way too salty for me.

Next time I'm at Porchettas, I'm gonna go for a normal main... I think last time I had the chicken which wasn't bad.

No comments: