17 May - The Oyster Bar, South Perth

CB and I went to The Oyster Bar in South Perth last night to celebrate our anniversary. To start off with, we had some garlic bread, which was also topped with some cheese. It was garlicky, cheesey, crunchy and soft, all in each slice.


For a drink, we had some swanko bottled water ($7.50), but I also went for Stones Ginger Beer, which is also alcoholic. I think I've found my new poison when I don't feel like cider... CB had a lychee cocktail .. way too sweet for me.


I chose 'Squid from Hell' as my entree. The squid was cooked superbly, being beautifully tender. However, it wasn't very hellish, not even registering on my hotness scale... the salad was nicely done, with various leaves, tomato, spanish onion and pine nuts. The balsamic reduction didn't really do anything for me.

For mains, I went for the trio of snapper, prawns and scallops, served with mash and asparagus. This was also cooked superbly, the fish was moist and flaky, the prawns and scallops were grilled with some butter.. my mouth is watering just rethinking about this dish. The mash was also good, smooth and well seasoned.

To finish, I opted for Sticky Date Pudding, served with vanilla icecream and a butterscotch sauce. Man this was sweet, way to sweet for me, that 2/3rds of the way through, it was sickly sweet. But it was still enjoyed and CB helped polish it off after finishing her own icecream and strawberries.

Overall, a rather good dining experience. Service was good and food was nice. It did get a little noisy inside once the place filled up however. Entertainment card offer provided good savings. One thing to look out for however, is the 7.5% surcharge on weekends. I would go back, however probably on a friday night next time .. :)

No comments: