29 Nov - Mille Cafe, Inglewood

Last night was dinner at Mille Cafe, for wagg and Ah-Tom's birthday. We arrived before a big function of 50 and put in our drink and food orders.


For entree, I went for the salt and pepper calamari. The squid was tender and soft and went well with the aioli. The salad wasn't too bad, except it had raw bean sprouts, something I'm not a huge fan of.


We put our mains on hold but unfortunately, that message did not reach the kitchen. It was lucky that late dinner guests were only down the road, so the food stayed on the table. I ordered the char-grilled sirloin, after commenting on a previous blog entry that the steak looked good, and a side of vegetables.

The steak was nice and charry, but was a little tough. The steak also wasn't seasoned before cooking, so I had to add a decent amount of salt and pepper. I season my steaks well before cooking and the taste to me is very noticeable. The mash and beans were nice for me, but the saratoga (sweet potato it seems) chips were just OK.

No comments: