18 Jan - The Roasting Duck Restaurant, Northbridge

Today, Mum (and Dad, but he didn't go) shouted Dim Sum for the family due to a little Lotto win. We didn't go to Welcome Inn because they were shutting down soon to go back to Hong Kong for Chinese New Year.

Dim Sum at this place was slightly different. Chicken Feet wasn't as tasty, but was still tender and gelatinous. I had these deep fried pork balls which I last had when I was younger Deep fried squid wasn't as tasty. I ate a lot of fried food and was feeling a little wrong afterwards, but a few cups of tea and I was good again.

Given the choice, I would probably prefer Welcome Inn.. a bit more low rent with better tasty food. I will miss out on the pork balls but.

1 comment:

wagg said...

Sweet beanburd dessert was powedery/grainy so not as smooth as it should be. A shame!

However, char siew pao = good!