21 May - Pines Grand Buffet and Carvery, Rendezvous Hotel

CB's family and I went out to the Pines on a Thursday night. The restaurant was pretty quiet and we were seated pretty quickly.

First up, I went for the cold foods and helped myself to some smoked salmon, various salads, mushrooms, cold roast chicken and devilled eggs. The meats were quite good, the eggs were OK but the salads left a little to be desired.

After cold foods came the savoury hot foods. I went for some roast beef/gravy and ham, lamb chops, roast potato/pumpkin and some battered fish. The meats here weren't that good, the pumpkin wasn't sweet and the potatoes were old and "sweaty". The fish was good but I felt wrong after just one due to the amount of oil!

The picture of dessert didn't turn out too well. I picked a whole bunch of desserts and filled up a plate. There was cream caramel, tiramisu, cream brulee and pavlova. I was dared by CB to finish the lot and I got through all of it except a bit of cream.

After a little while, I decided to tackle the icecream station. In here was Old English Toffee, Spearmint and Rum and Raisin. Out of all of them, the Old English Toffee was the best.

No comments: