2 Jul - Oyster Sauce Chuck Steak

Awhile ago, I found some great meat at the supermarket. It was labelled "chuck casserole steak", and had wonderful marbling and connective tissue. I was originally keeping it for a casserole of sorts, but I thought I'd try and pan fry it instead.

So it got defrosted mid week, bashed with a meat tenderizer, and marinated for two days based on Mum's recipe, which consisted of oyster sauce and rice wine (1.5tb each), along with 2 cloves of garlic and a douse of pepper. Today, it was cooked medium in my cast iron skillet and served with fries and some green beans.

The chuck steak was a little chewy in certain sections, but other bits felt as good as a rib eye or scotch fillet. No doubt the marinade did it's job. This is one steak to not have plain. What this steak has over the more tender cuts is the beef flavour. This steak packs a meaty punch. Mmmmmmm....

No comments: