23 Oct - Outback Jacks, Northbridge

My birthday this year was celebrated at Outback Jacks, after watching one too many Man v Food episodes. I wanted to go to an American place (with Southern BBQ, such as pulled pork, brisket etc), but such a place doesn't exist in Perth. So the next best things are places like Tony Romas (been there) or Outback Jacks.

I had a couple of Pipsqueak ciders as it was my birthday. These went down a treat and was refreshing with the ice.

For starters, I went for the chicken wings, with the "saddle burner" sauce. I dunked each wing in the sauce, even double dipping to get maximum fire. After awhile, the chilli sauce started to burn, which was good, but I had run out of chicken. I would've liked more chicken for the money...

After deciding to not go for the Outback Challenge (1kg rump, 1kg wedges and veg), I knew to choose the ribs. Here is a full rack in smokey BBQ sauce, with some chips underneath. These ribs were great, the chips were decent, the salad wasn't that good. My sister didn't finish her rack, and I ended up with two of them, but I was so full and they were cold, so a little chewier. If only I could find a full rack of ribs from a butcher, I'd give a shot at smoking a set myself.

No comments: