8 Oct - Zing Cafe / San Churro, Hillaries

Ants' birthday this year was at Zing Cafe, right at the end of Hillaries Boat Harbour. Upon arrival, our booking was missing however we were given a table.

CB and I started off with the taster plate, consisting of potato skins, BBQ chicken wings, grilled houlumi, celery and chicken dippers. It wasn't bad, although not great either. It was very heavy and I probably could've stopped right there, but had another course to go.

Recommended on their menu were the bourbon ribs. Whilst tender, the sweet chutney wasn't to my liking, so I ended up scraping it off. The remnants of the chutney were still there though, so it somewhat tarnished my experience.

After dinner, we walked to San Churros where I had a 'Hot and Cold' drink, which is a classic Spanish hot chocolate with a scoop of icecream. Rich, creamy, heavy and deadly.

No comments: