4 Aug - Black Swan Winery, Henley Brook

CB's birthday this year was out in Henley Brook. We were seated on a table in the back corner of the restaurant, making it a bit squishy to get to and from my seat. The dining area was dimly lit, with candles on the 2-4 seater tables, but with nothing on the bigger tables.

To start, I had a side of chips. For $10, I was expecting some good chips, and they didn't disappoint. The chips were fresh, piping hot and crisp, and there were a lot! After eating these, I didn't feel like I needed to eat mains at all.

I had a pork belly mains, which was served with apple and parsnip from memory. The pork belly was delicously rich and tender, with the sweet and slightly acidic fruit working well with all the fat. My only gripes were that it was small for the money ($39) and the cracking was chewy and not very pleasant to eat.


CB decided she wanted dessert and went for a chocolate tart. I had a couple of spoonfuls and it was quite nice. This serving was charged cheaper as they had run out and served smaller slices. Probably a good thing, with the tart and cream being quite rich and heavy. I also had a "Wicked Vanilla shake" which was an ordinary vanilla shake, and a cappuccino which was 1/2 foam.

No comments: