19 Jan - The Atrium Buffet

On the 29th Jan, CB and I went out for dinner. Since we both heard good things about The Atrium at Burswood, we decided that we should try it for ourselves. The ambience of the place was a little weird for me, as the restaurant was all open. Nonetheless, we were seated near the water feature, and away from the traffic. Unfortunately, this meant being quite a bit away from the buffet table too...

Apologies for the crapso photos, they were taken by my shizenhouzen camera phone. I also was too eager to start eating, so many plates are actually half eaten ;)


Round 1 consisted of the cold buffet. I had cold chicken, smoked salmon (already eaten and not pictured), some prawns and a raw oyster. I decided that whilst I had the chance to eat a raw oyster (without specifically ordering it at a restaurant), I'd give them another shot.... The verdict? I much prefer them cooked.


The second plate is what I like to call the plate of protein. All different kinds of meat dishes were piled on top of each other and ranged from Lamb Curry, Fish in Saffron sauce, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Cacciatore, some roast potato and pumpkin, and some steak. Much of the food on this plate was a little bland, with the curry being the tastiest, but still lacking in terms of curry goodness. Overall, I was a little disappointed in the hot foods.


Plate 3 went back to cold foods as it was more enjoyable than the hot stuff. More chicken, a lot more salmon, some salami and some more prawns.

There's another picture to go here. That is the desert plate. Unfortunately, it is on CB's camera and she's currently in Sydney. The deserts were a mixed affair. Some items were just plain weird, whilst others were great.





Overall judgement on The Atrium? It was OK I guess. If I ever went back, I'd be sure to touch up more of the cold than the hot stuff, and I know which deserts to steer clear from.

I didn't eat as much as I have in the past with buffets, and I've been known to put away a lot more food (see http://waggme.blogspot.com/2007/01/hollow-legs.html). However, I think the Singapore trip was an exception though, the guts were truly primed to take a beating.

1 comment:

wagg said...

Yep, cold foods are better. When I went, I enjoyed the cold seafood in a slightly spicy sauce. Yumbo!