28 Sep - Blue Mussel

No photos this time round, they didn't turn out due to insufficient lighting.

CB and I went to Blue Mussel on Friday night. I had already been there back in April but CB hadn't, so we decided to go.

I wanted to try different things on the menu from last time, and so for entree, I got the seafood plate. It was effectively a seafood tapas plate, with prawns, squid, scallop, oyster kilpatric and some mussels. Whilst being a little small, all I can say was Yum!

For a main, I had a mixed mussel platter and a side of fries. The platter consisted of grilled mussels done in three ways: Caesar, Sariska and Margarita. The caesar had bacon, mayo, croutons and cheese, the sariska was like a curry sauce and the margarita was a tomato base and mozzarella cheese. All were good except for the margarita, it tasted like the alcohol wasn't cooked off and that ruined it for me.

The fries were good, and were in a huge bowl. We left just under half left (there were that many), they were great hot, and were served with a side of citrus aioli.

For a drink I got an Iced Coffee. Like the vanilla shake last time, it was a bit watery. And by the time the ice melted, it was even moreso.

All in all, it was a nice meal. This time round, it wasn't so noisy as it wasn't full, but we still had to raise our voices a bit to have a conversation. I would go back to try a few other things on the menu, but this time would remember about the monstrous serve of fries.

No comments: