10 Oct - Banca Cafe, Tuart Hill

Last night we headed to Banca Cafe to celebrate Arnee-ah's birthday. After perusing the menu, I opted for the Smoked Salmon Pizetta for entrees and the Lamb Shanks for mains.

The Tasmanian Smoked Salmon Pizzetta with potato, sea salt, capers, red onion, rocket and mascarpone was a good choice. I could've done without the marscarpone though. I was so hungry, this didn't last long.

The Braised Lamb Shanks with tomato, garlic, rosemary, olives, greens beans & creamed whipped potato was also a good choice for me. Melt in the mouth lamb teamed with creamy mash and the braising liquor. These bones were clean by the time I was finished with them. The olives weren't that sharp which I liked as I'm not a huge fan of olives.

Whilst I thought my food was great, others didn't seem to think their choices were so spectacular. The service was a bit hit and miss too, especially when we wanted drinks. Afterwards, when we didn't want drinks anymore, they kept coming! Doh!

No comments: