24 Oct - Olivers on James Street, Northbridge



Birthday celebrations this year were at Olivers on James Street, which is located on James Street surprisingly. The place looked quite small and cosy, however the music and the hard floors made it quite noisy and hard to have a conversation. Half way through the meal, I was also quite warm for some reason, but I wasn't the only one.

For entree, I had the 'Wild Mushroom Risotto'. I was initially disappointed by the size, but afterwards, I was quite content. I'm not too sure how many wild mushrooms were in the risotto, but it was quite rich and delicious.

For mains, I went for the Black Angus special, which was essentially a Surf and Turf with Black Angus steak and garlic prawns. I asked the steak to be rare, and boy was it rare! Mmmmmm. The prawns were a little on the small side, but were still nice.



Whilst I enjoyed my food, the service took a little long, to get both food and drinks. The noise in this place also was a little downer for me. I probably would go back here but not probably in a big group.

After dinner and a short walk later, I had a durian icecream cone at the Il Gelato on James Street. I had this last time I had dinner in Northbridge and quite liked it. This time round however, it wasn't that nice. The durian flavour was there, but it was icy, and I mean icy. I had big ice chunks throughout my cone.

No comments: