20 Feb - Seizan Japanese Restaurant, Perth City

Last Saturday, we all went out for my sister Ang's 40th birthday. She wanted to try a "schmancier" Japanese place, so we suggested Seizan after going there for a work occasion.



To start, I went for the Tori Karaage, a benchmark food item I use for Japanese places. The chicken was quite tasty and crispy, but was lacking in the quantity department. It was a little bare for $6.50. I also have been conditioned to karaage at Jaws too, cos I always find everywhere else is not as good due to the lack of a chilli mayonnaise.



After looking at the bento options, and not wanting to go fried again (the only thing that screamed out was the Pork Katsu), I thought I'd try some sushi. The sushi option had 10 types available and an assorted option. The assorted sushi option consists of 10 pieces for $16, which is obviously more expensive than the shopping centre takeaway store. I was disappointed to only find 3 types of sushi on my plate, as I thought I would be getting one of each type. The sushi was certainly tasty though, and nicer than the shopping centre takeaway options.



As usual, Ah-Tom did not want to eat his greens, so they were passed onto me. I'm a fan of the Japanese side salads due to their dressing.

No comments: