Kebabs Bro...

Feeling like a doner kebab, I thought I'd try to recreate the grilled crispy goodness found at the kebab places around the world. As CB does not eat lamb, I had to recreate using chicken. I bought two kilos of skin on, bone in chicken thighs, deboned them and marinated them for two days in Lord-Snipe's 6 herb and spice mix (marjoram, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper) mixed in a little oil.

They were then skewered on the rotisserie and cooked without a drip pan and dripping directly onto the BBQ vaporizer, to try and get it as smokey as possible. The chicken flapped around a bit, I need to use additional skewers next time to hold them still. I also need to space out the meat too, as it was deliciously crispy on the outside, but where the heat couldn't get in, was soft.

The meat was sliced and served with iceberg lettuce, red onion, tomato, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. Today (using leftovers), I tried the same kebab with Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce instead of the sweet chilli and it was a lot better.

One day, I'd like to try this with some lamb to see the difference. The hard part is finding a suitable cut, lamb is a boney animal haha.
Might need to buy a leg roast and debone...

2 comments:

wagg said...

Looks good. How much is one of your kebabs? :P

lordsnipe said...

Worked out to be $3.33 each, but have enough sweet chilli for hundreds more.