Ribeye Steaks


Coles had a special on ribeye roasts awhile back for $18/kg, so I bought one and cut up into steaks for myself. One Saturday, I invited some of the guys to come round and have some meat. These steaks were about 2 inches thick, cooked for about about 15 mins each side on my BBQ. Add another 10 or so minutes resting. As you can see, they were still blushing, but oh so tender. Delish.

The sauce was a quasi Diane sauce. Onion, garlic, mushroom, flambe with cognac and then a touch of cream and chicken stock. Whiz mixed up although still a little chunky. Quite tasty though.

This was served with some roasted veg (potato/pumpkin) and some baby spinach leaves.

I've got two more steaks in the freezer ready to go when I feel the urge for a hunk of beef.

1 comment:

wagg said...

Yum. It was juicy fatty goodness :)))