Taiwan Singapore 2012 Holiday Day 08

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

The morning, we started off a little later, so CB and I had breakfast down in the hotel restaurant.

IMGP9731

I had two pieces of toast with butter and strawberry jam.

Modern Toilet, Shilin, Taipei, Taiwan

IMGP9732

Lunch today was at Modern Toilet, near Shilin Markets. I decided to have the pork spaghetti with tomato sauce. It turned out to be pork mince, so it was like a spaghetti bolognaise. It was served in a basin, whereas the others got their soupy items in a toilet bowl.

IMGP9734

Soft serve icecream was served in a urinal. There was no chocolate flavour available, so we had to have vanilla. The icecream was icy and not very creamy and super sweet.

Muji Pumpkin Chips

IMGP9735

Whilst walking around various shopping centres, a shop called Muji had these pumpkin chips for sale. They were essentially dehydrated pumpkin crisps which were nice, although a little extra salt probably would’ve made them better.

Nakayoshi Sushi, Sogo, Taipei, Taiwan

Dinner was at a Japanese sushi train on one of the basement levels at Sogo. The selection was a little different to the known Jaws/Sakae Sushi spreads, but I didn’t mind trying a few different dishes.

IMGP9737

This was chicken with some potato crust, served with a salad including sultanas. The chicken was nice, although it would’ve been better served hot and with Jaws’ chilli mayonnaise.

IMGP9738

The inari sushi was consistent with others that I’ve had.

IMGP9739

The seaweed salad was enjoyable. I originally wanted edamame beans but this particular chain didn’t have the on the belt. The seaweed was dressed in a soy dressing which is similar to other Japanese salad dressings.

IMGP9740

The lobster salad sushi was overpowered by hidden wasabi, I couldn’t really taste the mayonnaise or the lobster. My nose was clear after the second piece.

IMGP9741

The salmon with onions was good. The onions were sweet worked well with the salmon.

 

Beard Papas, Sogo, Taipei, Taiwan

IMGP9744

The guys noticed Beard Papas here in Taipei, and one thing in particular stood out. Called Paris Brest, it is essentially a donut, filled with their vanilla cream. I bought one for $55 TWD. It was pretty good, my only gripe was that mine wasn’t completely filled all the way around. This thing had more surface area than a their choux pastry, and therefore has more crunchy bits.

1 comment:

wagg said...

That wasabi was potent. My nose hurt every time I ate my sushi roll!!!