Taiwan Singapore 2012 Holiday Day 17

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Bakery at Aljunied MRT, Geylang, Singapore

IMGP9810

This mornings breakfast was bought last night as we were starting later than usual due to high tea. I bought 3 kaya buns, which were a sweet bread with kaya jam in the middle. The kaya made this sickly sweet, I ended up eating 2 and giving the last to CB.

Rose Verandah High Tea, Shangri La Hotel, Singapore

IMGP9813IMGP9815IMGP9816IMGP9817

We had high tea at the Shangri La today. The seating was from 11:30AM to 2:30PM. I personally thought the spread was smaller than previous high teas that we’ve went to, but most of the food was nice. I think the sweets were better than the savouries though. I drank two teapots worth of tea and spent the rest of the afternoon frequently visiting the toilet.

Famous Amos Cookies, Wisma Atria, Singapore

IMGP9818

Whilst wagg was deciding on the breakdown of the 2kg Famous Amos she was going to buy, I cut in and bought a chewy chocolate pecan cookie. This was sweet, chewy and chocolatey, but I couldn’t taste any pecan. I prefer the smaller crispy cookies from Famous Amos though.

Ling Zhi Vegetarian Restaurant, Velocity Mall Novena, Singapore

IMGP9820IMGP9822IMGP9823IMGP9825IMGP9826IMGP9827

Dinner was out with cousins and my aunt at a vegetarian restaurant near our hotel. We had the steamboat option which consisted of some fried and prepared foods, along with some raw stuff to put into a pot of simmering stock. I used this as an opportunity to eat some much needed greens and with the salty stock, it was good.

1 comment:

wagg said...

You didn't eat much at high tea. Not hungry?