Taiwan Singapore 2012 Holiday Day 11

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Starbucks & Old Chang Kee, Novena, Singapore

IMGP9755

IMGP9757

Breakfast was at OCK and Starbucks this morning. I had a Sardine-O and some fried bee hoon noodles. The Sardine-O had good flavour, although it was quite small. The noodles were OK, it came with a chilli sauce packet and was sweet. I’m hoping they have porridge there some other days for some variety.

Maxwell Food Centre, Chinatown, Singapore

IMGP9758

After breakfast, we headed to Chinatown to have a look around. For lunch, we stopped at the Maxwell Food Centre. I ordered a plate of char kway teow, which included pork fat to my surprise. Unfortunately though, there was little wok hei. I also bought a glass of soy bean for $1.20.

Carrefour, Plaza Singapura, Singapore

IMGP9760

After Chinatown, we made it to Little India and then to Plaza Singapura at Dhoby Ghaut. 3 boxes of ‘Mountain Cat’ durian was then purchased for $50 SGD and then smashed.

Kopitiam Foodcourt, Plaza Singapura, Singapore

IMGP9761

After a shop through Plaza Singapura, we had dinner. I had a beef brisket set, along with a bowl of wonton soup from a neighbouring stall. The brisket was tender, although it wasn’t strongly spiced. The beef brisket noodles I had in HK had more spice in it, and also included a little tendon.

Swensens, Plaza Singapura, Singapore

 

IMGP9763

After sometime after dinner, we had dessert at Swensens. I went for a Coit Tower which had been sitting for a little while as the icecream was already partially melted.

1 comment:

wagg said...

Your lunch was better than my red Indian Muslim kway teow! I made a bad choice on that one, due to laziness to walk too far...