10 Nov - Avenue Nine

Ok, after 2 attempts at eating at this place (one time we mistakenly went here instead of our booking at Mille, and another the power went out so we went to Mille instead), I finally got to try out Avenue Nine.
For entree, CB and I decided to share a plate of Sesame crusted Calamari. The description read "Sesame crusted calamari, honey & seeded mustard dressing, spinach, potato and cherry tomato salad." The calamari was wonderfully cooked, wasn't overdone at all. I could not taste the sesame or feel any crunch from the seed at all, which was a shame. The dressing I thought could have more zing, it was much more creamy than I expected.


For a main, I went for the beef fillet. "Char grill beef fillet, garlic mash potato, roast capsicum, spinach and garlic prawns in cream and jus." I asked for medium rare and it came out exactly how I wanted it. Deliciously tender, with the right amount of char brown (not black) bits to make it that bit more special. The mash was good, the spinach was washed well and experienced no grit.


I also had my drink of choice, an Ice Coffee. It wasn't bad, nothing spectactular either.

All in all, the food at Avenue Nine was pretty good, the service was good too, however there was one bad point to the evening.. THE FLIES! They have to do something about it, there were way too many flies which meant we were constantly swatting at our food, and tarnished the experience a little. I think I'll revisit this place in winter....

No comments: