24 Nov - Villa Italia / Il Gelati

Last Saturday, a group of us went into Northbridge to have dinner at Villa Italia, celebrating both wagg and Ah-Tom's birthday.


For drinks, I started off with an Ice Coffee. It had a big scoop of icecream, some ice cubes and a milky coffee. Not a thickshake, a bit thin, but it was drinkable. After I also had a lemon lime and bitters (no pic).

For a starter, I shared some garlic bread with CB. The bread was nice (the kind that tires the jaws after a few pieces) but it wasn't garlicky enough.

For my main, I chose a dish called "Fritto Misto", which featured battered prawns, calamari and fish served with wedges and tartar sauce. Effectively an expensive fish and chips. It also came with a salad. The meal was nice, I was struggling a bit at the end to fit it all in, but I was beginning to feel a bit sick after eating all that fried food. I definintely can't stomach a lot of fried foods nowadays...

Afterwards, we went to Il Gelati for some icecream. I normally go for Macadamia Nut, but saw a sign saying they had durian gelato, and had to try it. They kept the durian gelato seperate from the other flavours, one whiff of the icecream and I knew why. It went down well, I couldn't eat a whole lot of it in one shot, but in a cone it was great. It kind of redefines east meets west ... if you consider Italian food as 'western'.....

No comments: