18 Nov - GJs / Pink Rice / Baskin Robbins

Yesterday, a group of us went into Fremantle, to try "the longest sushi train in Perth", now that Jaws had closed down. Since we had arrived early, we stopped by and had a coffee at Gloria Jeans.

I had my usual Very Vanilla Chiller (aka Quasi Starbucks Frappa, although I don't know which came first), my first in quite a few months actually. It went down well, and reminded me of how I am close to real Starbucks in two weeks :-)






At Pink Rice, I tried a few things off the conveyor and also ordered a Karaage set (as it was not available on the conveyor). In order, unagi (eel), then another unagi (which I thought was teriyaki chicken but when I ate it, it was eel), jellyfish (which was a "dare" from wagg), and my Karaage set.

The food was edible and wasn't too bad, but when compared to Jaws / Sushi Train (in Sydney) or Sakae Sushi (in Singapore), it just doesn't fare well. There also wasn't an abundance of fried food on the conveyor, even though it was on their menu. It could of been because it was just opening up, but by the time we left, the place was full, so I guess there's no real excuse...


After lunch we walked to the jetty and had icecream. I went for Macadamia Nut (my favourite).

No comments: