Sydney 2007 Holiday Day 6

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6

5:34PM - Krispy Kreme, Starbucks, Oporto, Lindt Cafe.

The day started off getting dressed and packing the suitcase, ready to check out of the hotel by 10:30AM. After making record time packing all my stuff together, we checked out by about 10ish and proceeded down George St, past Martin Place for some donuts.

I went for 'Strawberries and Cream', along with a 'Cream filled Chocolate' donut. The strawberry donut was strawberry flavouring mixed with cream. It wasn't too bad, but I was expecting chunks or at least a jam. I probably wouldn't have it again. The cream filled chocolate donut was filled rather sparingly (like the other custard filled one I had on the beginning of the trip). I hope that the donuts are only filled this way at this particular KK's .. the theory will be put to the test when I get and eat some donuts from the airport store.

We also stopped by at the Starbucks at Martin Place. I ordered a coffee frappa, which unfortunately was my last, as the airport terminal we're departing from does not have the Starbucks :(

IMG_2379

After walking around for a bit, it was lunch time. Since CB and I weren't really that hungry due to our late start, we went to Oporto (a local chicken fast food chain). I ordered an Oporto meal with an Oporto burger, CB had a 'Rappa', and we shared the drink and chips. The burger wasn't too bad, much alike a KFC Zinger burger, with the bacon and the pineapple. The chicken was grilled so it had a smokey taste to it, not sure if I prefer it to the Zinger patty or not. Doesn't matter anyway since we don't have it in Perth.

IMG_2382

After killing some more time walking around the various malls (including Dymocks where I read some interesting things on wok cooking), we went to the Lindt Cafe as CB wanted to meet up with her friends one more time. I had the profiteroles. They were OK, definitely not worth the $11 that I paid for them. They were small, and therefore didn't have a lot of cream in them, but quite rich (due to the chocolate sauce no doubt). I much prefer my own profiteroles.

IMG_2386

We then proceeded to head back to Chinatown. I was planning to have the suckling pig from BBQ King on the way back but having a look at the window (where all the roasted meat is located), it looked like they didn't have any. Also, I wasn't hungry at all. It started to rain heavily on the way back too, so we got half drenched by the time we got back to the hotel.

Getting the tickets for the train to the Domestic Airport was a pain in the ass too. I had bought one ticket and was trying to buy another, when it didn't like my $10 note and when I tried to give it all my $5s, it chucked a shit and couldn't give me change, giving me my $5s back. Stupid fucken machine. To top it off, it's the only machine on this particular end of the train station, so there was a little line by the time I gave up and went to pay at the kiosk instead. Sydney is a bit weird at times (this being an example). Central Station must be like 2 - 3 times busier than Perth station, but only has 1 pay machine on each side .. bit stupid if you ask me.

Anyway, we are now at the airport and waiting an hour or so before we can board. I have two dozen KK's shouting out to me wanting to be eaten but I have to resist.

Tuesday 12:01AM - Qantas meal.

The plane ride was pretty uneventful, I read about 2/3rds of the new Gordon Ramsay book. For dinner, I chose the Chicken Curry, which wasn't too bad. It was white man hot obviously (not hot at all). We also got an icecream at the end of the meal too!

IMG_2387

No comments: