15 Feb - Harbour Town Noodle Inn

I don't know if it's just me or my Chinese heritage, but whenever I smell oil in the air, I go hungry. I was actually looking for Teriyaki Fish at the Shimizu at Harbour Town but smelt the aroma of oil and wok hei, and decided upon a Seafood Hor Fun instead.

There's a few differences between their Hor Fun and my version.
  • Their version is a lot soupier. Mine absorbs up all the liquid and is essentially dry.
  • They don't seem to use egg yolks in the sauce.
  • No soy sauce in the sauce.

The noodles had wok hei. The pickled chillis were sour and had a nice heat. Overall, it wasn't bad. Prawns and squid were cooked and not overdone, the bok choy was tender. My only gripe was too much juice (and too watery). Whilst I think my version is too dry, I had to finish eating this dish with a spoon.


No comments: