7 Mar - Northbridge Chinese Restaurant, Northbridge


Brunch yesterday was dim sum with some of CB's work friends out at Northbridge Chinese Restaurant. I didn't take any pics cos the dishes were coming thick and fast, but I did take one of the Dan Tarts which I got first up (and reserved for later).

All of the dim sum staples were sampled here, along with some new ones which I normally don't try at the usual Welcome Inn. The usual fried squid, har gow, siew mai, char siu bao, chee cheong fun, fried seaweed fish rolls, black bean pork ribs and lor bak goh were enjoyed. We also had jook (congee), which had century egg, sticky rice, some fried chive dumplings, some salt and pepper fried fish, oyster sauce kai lan and some custard pineapple buns.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat any chicken feet. I didn't see any come around, and nobody else wanted to eat any. :-(

This place was quite full when we arrived at 10:30, and by the time we left and nearly 12, there was a heap of people waiting outside. Personally, I prefer Welcome Inn, due to it being cheaper and the food (to me) being mostly identical. However, some of the things which aren't available at Welcome Inn (the pineapple buns and fried fish) were enjoyed.

No comments: