10 Dec - Benny's American Takeaway, Blackwood




I found the place last night while perusing Urbanspoon and needed to try it. Unfortunately they did not have any pulled pork which was something I wanted to try. However, I ended up with a full rack of ribs, chilli cheese fries and 3 hot wings, with a caramel thickshake to wash it all down.

I was hoping the ribs were smoked (like typical low and slow BBQ), however they weren't very smokey at all. They weren't falling off the bone, but were cooked long enough for the meat to come mostly clean off the bones. The sauce was nice and sour.

The chilli cheese fries I left to eat last and unfortunately the cheese had set. The chilli had a decent heat and was seasoned well, however overall the dish was a little salty with the seasoned fries and chilli. I can imagine it'd be even saltier with the cheese too.

The chicken wings were crisp and were quite hot due the sauce. The sauce didn't seem to have much flavour though (apart from the hotness).

All in all, prices were very reasonable and food was decent. I was expecting smokey goodness but was a bit disappointed that it wasn't. Maybe one day I will come back when they have pulled pork for me to try...

1 comment:

wagg said...

Were you eating there to mark the start of Ang, Tom, Zac and Kyla's holiday to the US?