Singapore and KL 2008 Holiday Day 1

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

12:35AM - 15262 steps (10.988km) walked.

Dome Cafe, Perth WA

The day started off with me waking up at 5AM. I watched some downloaded TV for awhile and then started getting ready. My suitcase weighed 17kg, of which 2kg wasn't mine so I was happy that I packed relatively light. After check in, we went to Dome for a coffee.

IMGP9219 IMGP9221

Feeling a bit hungry, CB and I shared a chicken and avocado toasted flat bread and I had an iced coffee. Both were relatively ordinary.

Qantas in-flight meal

IMGP9222

I chose the lamb option on the flight which was a "Mediterranean style braised lamb with potato mash and vegetables". This was served with a mesclun salad, cheese and crackers, bread roll and rice custard. The meal was OK again, typical plane food.

The plane ride was relatively uneventful, although turbulence made me feel sick after eating lunch. I eventually went to hurl into a sick bag and up came a little lemonade, which I spat into the bag and felt much better after that. I watched Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay which was pretty good but was uncomfortable to watch, due to the amount of nudity in the film and the oldies sitting around us.

CK was at the airport, and after chatting to him for a short while, we caught a maxi taxi to the hotel (Summerview) which cost $50 SGD. The rooms turned out to be fairly small but are functional. An Internet connection through Wireless@SG here in the hotel room is a bit hit and miss. After checking the rate in Mustafa (1.174!!), we walked down to the Starbucks at Bugis Junction to meet up with CK. Here, some had coffee, I chose not to being close to dinner and not having any money.

Sakae Sushi, Bugis Junction

A couple of the guys wanted to smash Sakae Sushi on the first night so we headed down to the one at Bugis Junction. After waiting a short while, we were given a big table. And the smashing began...

IMGP9224IMGP9226IMGP9227 IMGP9228IMGP9229 IMGP9230 IMGP9231 IMGP9232

Here are some pics of what I ate. I ate multiple plates of a few things so thats why there are more plates in the last picture. All up, it cost $35 SGD including taxes, so not a bad feat. Unfortunately, no tempura icecream anymore! :(

We then walked down to Mustafa and changed money. Went shares into carton of water ($6.50 SGD for 24 x 500ml bottles) and looked at how cheap other things were. For example, Lynx deodorant are $3.90 SGD which is quite a bit cheaper than Australia, and even more so when conversion is factored in. Lynx are made in Australia!! WTF?!

We decided to MRT it back from Little India to Bugis after a bit of procrastination. Earlier in the day, I gave Carley the choice of MRT cards that I was holding ... she ended up getting one holding $40 odd SGD and I got stuck with $13... DOH!

No comments: