Singapore and KL 2008 Holiday Day 4

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

10:38PM - Unknown steps taken

Mcdonalds, J Co Donuts, Old Chang Kee - Bugis Junction

The day started off in Bugis Junction for breakfast. I picked up an Iced Milo, J Co glazzed donut, curry puff and a spring roll.

The donut was recommended by a work mate who said it was better than Krispy Kreme. Whilst certainly up there, I'm not entirely convinced. It is a lighter donut (theoretically you can eat more than) and it is cheaper, but I'm not sure if it's better than KK.

The spring roll was OK but the curry puff was pretty good. A decent curry hit and a flakey but not too heavy pastry made it go down very well.

IMGP9256 IMGP9257 IMGP9259

McDonalds - East Coast Park

After breakfast, we travelled to Eunos MRT and then caught a taxi to East Coast Park. We rode for 2 hours and it was pretty uneventful compared to last time. After we returned our bikes, we stopped for lunch at the McD's there. I went for a McSpicy upsized meal (sprite as the drink) along with some McWings. Cost a total of $9.55 SGD. The McDonalds there now have tomato sauce and chilli sauce in pump action dispensers now for the public free to use. I had some with my chips and chicken wings.

IMGP9260

Food Junction, Beard Papas - Bugis Junction

After lunch, we headed back to the hotel to freshen up and then headed to Marina Square to go bowling. $9 SGD got us 2 games and shoe hire. I must say that I sucked today, with CB beating me in both games, whereas normally I beat her. My only excuse is that my bowling ball is at home heheh.

Since we had decided we were to shop at Bugis later that night, we had dinner at Bugis Junction in the new food court. Here I went for some Roast Chicken Rice, with Wonton Soup. The chicken rice was beautifully done, and the sambal chilli that I also got from the store was tasty and hot. There just wasn't enough of it. Feeling like something extra and the need for some veg, I went for the wonton soup, which contained some boiled choy sum. The wontons were nothing special, but the soup and the chicken rice did not give me a MSG throb that I've had after a couple of other meals on the holiday.

On the way to the foodcourt, I also got one Cream Puff from Beard Papas. This was $2.20 and everything that I can remember from the Perth store. The Perth store is now gone, and the puffs were more.

IMGP9262IMGP9263 IMGP9265

Swensens - Bugis Junction

After shopping around for a bit, we stopped at Swensens for dessert. Here, I had a Macadamia Mania sundae and shared a Vanilla Malt Milkshake with CB.

The sundae wasn't bad, however the icecream was a little bland. It did say it was macadamia icecream, but it just wasn't nutty enough. Probably would prefer the Coit Tower.

The milkshake was expensive, but very thick and vanilla-ery, the way it should be. It went down well but I was feeling a little funny afterwards being full of milky substances.

IMGP9266 IMGP9267

After Swensens, we headed toward Bugis Markets, where I found a shirt that I liked enough to buy. It cost $12.50 SGD.

1 comment:

wagg said...

If you prefer a Coit Tower to a Macadamia Mania sundae, what about a Colt Tower? ;)