Singapore and KL 2008 Holiday Day 8

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

11:45PM - 16876 steps (12.222 km) walked

J. Co Donuts - Bugis Junction

Today's adventure started off with donuts and coffee at J. Co Donuts. I went for two glazzed donuts and a cappuccino. These donuts were wonderful and soft, but a bit sickly sweet at the end.

IMGP9311 IMGP9312

After breakfast, we headed off to Woodlands to do a little shop and then have lunch.

Chicken Rice Stall - Woodlands Point

Today I decided to try the congee at the Chicken Rice stall. It wasn't bad, but was not as good as home. The porridge was a little salty but apart from that, it was OK.

IMGP9313

After lunch, we headed to the supermarket to buy more fruit and went to visit my uncle and his family in Yishun. We were served a heap of food including papaya, jackfruit, grapes, red bean soup, moon cake etc. We stayed for nearly 4 hours and then headed off to City Hall to get to the Singapore Flyer. The ride and view was OK, but I probably wouldn't do it again. We got a good view of the racetrack whilst on the ride though.

Popeyes Chicken - Singapore Flyer

Mum and Dad went on about Popeyes Chicken when they came back from the US, so when I saw the store here tonight, I knew I had to try some. They don't sell single pieces of chicken (unlike KFC in Australia), so I had to order a 2 piece combo, much alike a 2 piece feed. The chips were like seasoned fries from McCains, and the chicken was comparable to KFC Hot and Spicy. I also got a "biscuit", but I like to call it a scone, as they even give you jam. All in all, it was OK, but very alike KFC.

IMGP9314

Hawker food court near The Espanade

Whilst the others ate their dinner, I opted for char kway teow and a coconut. Both were mediocre. The noodles had no wok hei, whilst the coconut water was pretty bland and room temperature. The coconut flesh was pretty bland too.. I thought it would be like coconut milk or desiccated coconut.

IMGP9315 IMGP9316

After dinner, we headed back towards C!tyLink Mall and headed to Starbucks for a drink.

Starbucks - Raffles City

Not feeling like a coffee, I opted for a grande mango and passionfruit frappaccino. It wasn't bad, sweet as usual, but it was cooling and refreshing. The best part was it was free  ;-)

IMGP9318

1 comment:

wagg said...

It wasn't free. I paid good Sing dollars for it! ;)