Singapore and KL 2008 Holiday Day 5

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

11:01PM  - 20041 steps (14.429km) walked.

Starbucks - Bugis Junction

The day started off with a pitstop at Starbucks. Not feeling a coffee this morning, I chose a vanilla frappacino, which is just really a vanillary milkshake. Afterwards, we hopped onto the MRT to Toa Payoh to do breakfast and a quick present shop.

IMGP9269

Koufu Food Court - Toa Payoh Central

After going to Fork and Spoon Food Court and not finding carrot cake or congee, we decided to try our luck at Koufu to find the same. Instead, I bought some fruit and then opted for a prawn dumpling and curry puff from the dim sum kiosk outside the food court.

The prawn dumpling was OK and the curry puff, whilst probably not as nice as Old Chang Kee, was pretty decent and a bit cheaper too. Afterwards, we did a quick shop and then stopped at McDonalds for a drink.

IMGP9271 IMGP9272

McDonalds - Toa Payoh Central

Instead of a drink, I felt like a Chococone, but did not see it on the menu. Wagg thought she'd ask anyway and surprised me when she ordered one for herself and one for me. Yum, just like a choc top when I was a kid. After meeting up with the others, we headed to my aunt's place to catch up and have lunch.

IMGP9274

Lunch at Aunt Margaret's

My aunt is known by us for her fiery laksa and fish wontons, and she certainly did not disappoint this time round, even though the laksa was toned down for those with less heat tolerances. The laksa had tofu, bean sprouts, prawns, fish cake, chicken and noodles. Additional heat was provided by a wonderful prawny sambal paste. The laksa gravy was rich and drinkable and the wontons were certainly enjoyed by me. I felt bad going over for lunch as aunt had go to all this trouble, but boy was it delicious.

After chatting for a couple of hours and playing with my 'first cousin once removed', we headed off to do more shopping along Orchard Road.

IMGP9275

Starbucks - Wisma Atria

Some of the guys wanted a coffee whilst at Orchard, so we stopped off. I had a tall Iced Cafe Latte, which was essentially an iced coffee. Not bad, and easier to drink than a frappa. Afterwards, we headed down to Lucky Plaza to buy some Hawaiian shirts for Sentosa.

IMGP9276

Lucky Plaza Food Court

After shopping about Lucky Plaza for an hour, we headed into the food court for dinner. I went for roast pork and char siu rice, along with some oyster sauce vegetables. I was hankering for some veg after the past few days, so I had order the vegies seperately. They weren't bad, but not as good as Mum's.

The char siu and roast pork rice was OK, the chilli sauce that I got wasn't that hot.

IMGP9277

Marks and Spencer - Paragon Shopping Mall

Whilst going through Paragon and laughing at the cost of golfing attire at Marks and Spencer, I noticed they had a little food section. I took a look and saw some chips, at a low low price of $6.90 for 150g. Verdict? Kettles are slightly better at around half the price...

IMGP9278

Old Chang Kee - Orchard Road

Making our way back from Paragon, some of the others stopped off at Starbucks and at the HMV near there. Along the way, I stopped off for another curry puff from Old Chang Kee. This one wasn't as fresh, but was still very savoury and went down quickly.

IMGP9280

No comments: