Singapore and KL 2008 Holiday Day 10

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

9:42PM - 19828 steps (14.276 km) walked.

Starbucks - Bugis Junction

The morning started off with breakfast at the local Starbucks. I decided to go for an Ugly Curry Puff, with a Venti Iced Vanilla Latte. The curry puff had some bite to it but the pastry was not as good as Old Chang Kee.

IMGP9329 IMGP9330

After breakfast, we headed towards Ang Mo Kio to catch the bus to the zoo. At Ang Mo Kio, we took a deal to go directly to the zoo, which we took and I thought our kidneys would be removed.... We saw some animals and then went for lunch.

KFC - Singapore Zoo

I thought I'd have a little bit more than last night's dinner, so I went for the 3 piece meal. I decided to go for 1 original and 2 crispy. Again, the same conclusions as last night.

IMGP9331 

Ben & Jerry's - Singapore Zoo

After we were finished at the zoo, I decided to have an icecream from the Ben and Jerry's outside of the zoo. The previous icecream at Suntec was way better and the same price.

IMGP9333 

Jollibean - Bishan Junction 8

Feeling a little peckish and thirsty, I had a "fresh" soy bean from Jollibean. It wasn't that sweet as from a can but was refreshing.

IMGP9334 

Sticky Rice stall - Bishan Junction 8

I decided upon the hokkien style glutinous rice, which contained a salted duck egg yolk. It wasn't bad, but I much prefer the sticky rice with duck egg yolk in Perth. But at $2.40, it was nice and cheap.

IMGP9336 

Newton Circus

After shopping at Bishan, we headed towards Newton Circus. Here, CB and I shared some kang kong and stingray. It wasn't as hot as Lau Pau Sat but was still good to eat. I also had a sugar cane drink and a cendol which was nice and refreshing.

IMGP9337 IMGP9338 IMGP9340 IMGP9342

Durian from Bugis Street Markets

Trundling down the markets this evening, we came across some top grade durian. At $22, it was a bit steep, but all 7 pieces were pungent and creamy. I had 3 and 3 was just about right.

IMGP9344

No comments: