17 Oct - Penang Foods, Northbridge


After reading about another food blogger having Laksa in Northbridge, I suggested to CB that we do the same. Last night, we met up in Northbridge to try the Laksa at Penang Foods.

I went for a hot Laksa, with a mixture of thick yellow egg noodles and bee hoon. CB went for hot with all bee hoon noodles. On the side was some slightly watery soy bean. The Laksa was decently hot, not enough to knock my head off, but hot enough. The gravy was good, and we also got a decent serve of bean sprouts, chicken and tofu. I couldn't fault the Laksa, but the Laksa crown still goes to my Aunt Margaret in Singapore. At $8.50, it was a decent feed here in Perth.

To cool things off, I chose the Ice Cendol, whilst CB had Ice Kachang. I think they used some thickened coconut milk or something but this was a little weird for me as not everything was coconutty. Singapore's Cendol was definitely better, I think cos they use normal coconjut milk. At $3.80 though, it's not bad considering Perth prices if you wanted to try either Ice Cendol or Ice Kachang.

No comments: