22 Oct - Char Char Bull, Fremantle





Last night, CB and I had dinner out in Fremantle before seeing DragonForce nearby. Having enjoyed Char Char Bull last time I was there with work, I thought it'd be a good place to eat something different.

To start off with, I had an affogatto, which hit the coffee spot really well. I quite like affogattos, but am disappointed by a) the small size of one and b) it being cold from the icecream. Char Char Bull affogattos are quite up there however.

For starter, I chose the salt and pepper squid, whilst stealing some of the mushroom risotto from CBs plate (I had it before). The squid was tender, and salty and peppery of course, the greens slightly justifying all the grease from the squid and the mayonnaise.

For mains, I opted for the Surf and Turf, cooked rare. This was a decent bit of meat, beautifully coloured on the outside (to give it a charred flavour) and nice and pink in the middle. The prawns were doused in a rich garlic sauce which also went well with the steak.

As a side, we chose the rocket, parmesan and olive salad. CB said the olives were too salty, the salad leaves and parmesan that I had were good until the end where there was too much balsamic vinegar.

Overall, a good meal, and I wouldn't hesitate going back.

No comments: