Singapore 2006 Holiday Day 11

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The day started off with bacon and egg sandwiches. The first sandwich was with toasted bread, the second was with fresh bread. Note that the bacon and egg from the 2nd picture was some left over from the first plate.




After breakfast, we headed to Tampines. Before shopping, a stop at Starbucks took place. Here I ordered a coffee frappa.



After coffee, it was time to shop. Gary and I mainly stuck to gaming stores and hit the pinnies afterwards. The ones at Tampines were particularly bad, with some machines not operating properly with controls missing etc. I had only used half my tokens when it was time to meet for lunch.

For lunch I had a Japanese unagi set. The eel was microwaved and not very nice. The Qoo was white grape flavour and not too bad.



After that, we stayed in Tampines a little longer before heading to Bugis. Gary decided to head back to the hotel and Claire stayed behind. Here the rest wanted to go to Starbucks again, but I decided to have a McDonalds Iced Milo.



Cooled and refreshed, we hung around Bugis Junction and then down to the street markets. I bought a hawaiin shirt for $10 in XXXL size. Lucky that I did too cos it fits nicely. I think a XXL size would be a little snug. Afterwards, we caught a taxi back to the hotel and took a rest before heading back out at 5.

Meeting up at 5, we went to Clarke Quay. Here we took a bumboat ride down the Singapore River and Carley, Gary and Claire went on the GMax. There are some videos on DVD and cameras of the ride. We also tried to look for a good eating spot here but it has since been refurbished since our last visit and decided to eat somewhere else with CK.

We met up with CK in Marina Square via taxi. We were initially supposed to walk down to The Esplanade for some food, but due to Carley's feet being sore from her new shoes, it was decided that dinner would be at the food court. Here I had a chicken rice and a grilled chicken and satay set.




After dinner, the others went for coffee at Starbucks. I had a hot chocolate instead, which was good, but a little too hot to drink at first. We also had some Famous Amos cookies and chatted until we were kicked out at about 10PM.

*Insert Starbucks Hot Chocolate here, but I forgot to take one

No comments: