Singapore 2006 Holiday Day 2

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17


9:57PM - Challenge accepted.
Today was our first full day of Singapore. It started off at 8AM when Ants, Carley, Ag and I went for breakfast. Claire and Gary decided to sleep in. It was here that I had a four course breakfast, consisting of:

Round 1: Bacon, eggs, chicken sausages, noodles and "french toast"... it wasn't very french toasty at all. Bacon was OK, but not crispy.

Round 2: Fish porridge. YUMBO. Ants agrees with me.

Round 3: Miso soup (I forgot to take it whilst the bowl was full).

Round 4: Fruit (honeydew, watermelon) and yoghurt.





Afterwards, we headed to Mustafa to get some stuff. Here I bought a pillow (the hotel one was way too soft), razor and shaving cream and some new shoes. The shoes I brought were making my feet really sore, these ones (an $18 investment) are absolutely comfortable. They look like cycling shoes though heheh :)

We then headed back to the hotel to drop our stuff (was 5 minutes away). Ants and Carley were successful in changing their room, they went from floor 6 to 15. After this, we were peckish again, so we headed into Little India. After exchanging cash (rate was 1.197), we went to a small Indian restuarant. Here I bought a Tandoori set and mango lassi ($4.50 for the set and $3 for the lassi). This meal was absolutely awesome (despite being vegetarian), and is possibly on the revisit list.



We then went to Toa Payoh and went to Chee Kiong's place. Here we stayed for a bit and then went shopping downstairs. Here I bought some thongs ($10) from Bata.


After this we caught up with Chee Kiong with his family, including Uncle Johnny and But Leong (sp) and went to dinner. Here we had an assortment of chicken, satay and noodles. We also had sugar cane drink. Note that I didn't have all the chicken and satay, they were shared among all. There were 2 plates of chicken and 3 satay plates which were shared. I had a plate of noodles to myself, and Gary bet me to eat another half for a Venti of Starbucks. I accepted and smashed the plate! Woohoo, my first Starbucks tomorrow will be free! I must admit that I was very full after this, but the walk afterwards helped in digesting the food.





We then went to NTUC Fairprice again. Here I bought some more Pockys and 6 bottles of 1.5L mineral water. The water was a very expensive $0.60 each. We then cabbed it back and are now congregating in Gary's room (his is the most spacious with a nice space in the middle of the room). Here I've mostly eaten a pack of Pockys and some Pundung slice. I prefer real Pundung cake but it was still nice.

No comments: