Singapore 2006 Holiday Day 9

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

A late start...

The morning started off unplanned and basically ended up as a free morning. Claire and I took the opportunity to have a sleep in and relax for the morning. By about 11AM, we were feeling peckish and deciding where to go for lunch. I suggested Sakae
Sushi (a sushi joint ala Jaws, where they have sushi on a conveyor belt), so after calling around, everyone decided to meet up at the one in City Hall in C!tyLink.

We were impressed at the ordering system they had there, basically a computer at every table, which had an interactive menu where you could just put in your choices and hit the submit button. We ordered miso soup using this method, but just about anything the place had to offer could be ordered. This was in addition to the conveyor belt, which had an assortment of sushi, sashimi and other Japanese bite sized goodies. Prices of plates were $1.90 and $6.50 ++, which was quite respectable to Jaws, however, the unagi was only $1.90++ compared to $4.20! yum. For some reason, I didn't eat as much as I normally would, and only had about 4 or 5 plates along with miso soup for lunch.



Afterwards, we decided to meet up at 4:30PM at Chee Kiongs place for dinner. Gary and I headed to Gloria Jeans where I had a Very Vanilla Chiller. Here, a whitey with an American accent served my drink. I mentioned to Gary that if she had a Singlish accent, it would of been just too weird. After this, we visited a games shop that Gary wanted to see, then went to Funan. It was here I saw my first Taco Bell on the entire trip, however, being too full, I didn't buy anything. After looking at different shops (and xbox 360s), it was time to hit the Internet.



I caught the train to Toa Payoh (Gary went back to the hotel), and went to the net cafe. Here I checked my mail and downloaded tv shows, and did a little research on x360s. After the hour was up, it was time to go to Chee Kiongs, which was a short walk away.

After mingling for a bit, we headed downstairs for dinner, which was steamboat with an assortment of other goodies. CK and Lisa also joined us at the table, and we had a good time catching up. Dinner included: fried chicken, beef in black bean, pepper crabs, bludgun vegies, tofu and egg and a prawn dish. The steamboat had soup, fish and some other tasty and salty goodies. For desert, we had lychees in syrup and ice. It was yummy.



Afterwards, we mingled at Chee Kiong's some more. After staying another couple of hours, the guys wanted to hit Fairprice and some "10sies". I had a double cheeseburger from McDs.

No comments: