HK Singapore 2011 Holiday Day 08

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

19032011626The morning started off with breakfast. At Maxims, I was after a bowl of macaroni ham soup but ended up with a set of some sort. I also received a sausage, radish cake and fried egg, along with some lemon tea. Whilst the set was OK, I would of preferred just a bigger bowl of the macaroni ham soup.

After breakfast, we spent some time in Times Square in Causeway Bay. Before perusing some of the levels, we stopped off at the Starbucks for a coffee.

19032011627I originally ordered a hazelnut latte but after tasting it, swapped with CB who bought a vanilla latte.

After some time in Times Square, we then hopped onto the tram to head to another shopping mall noticed yesterday. We got off too early and stopped for lunch whilst walking towards the mall.

19032011628 After smelling other people’s lunches, I was a little disappointed with my seafood horfun. It didn’t have the wok hei that the other dishes had. I think this is due to three other people ordering horfun too, and all three serves of noodles probably were fried at the same time. This was a large serve though and I was full after finishing it.

We eventually got to the mall and started looking around.

19032011629 Whilst walking around in the food court area, I noticed they had KFC. So I had to try their “flava krava” chicken. $10.20 HKD for one drumstick alone. It was a roasted piece of chicken, with sweet/salty flavours. It was tasty and juicy enough, and different to the usual KFC back at home.

After a rest back at the hotel room, a group of us went out to see the Symphony of Lights near Tsa Shim Tsui MTR. We got there, watched the show (which wasn’t my cup of tea, but the show could of possibly been non-optimal due to the amount of low lying cloud/mist in the sky). After a walk around some quick shops, we headed back to Wan Chai for some dinner. It was decided to put some dishes into the middle, which included:

19032011630Soy sauce chicken. Tender just cooked chicken in a soy master stock accompanied by spring onion oil. Delicious. The only other accompaniment I would’ve liked would be Mum’s ground chilli.

19032011631 Rice for everyone.

19032011632Suckling Pig. I wanted to try this whilst over in Hong Kong and I finally got the chance. This plate was $100 HKD, or about $15 AUD. There wasn’t much meat, it was all skin and bone. It was deliciously fatty though and the crackling was crunchy.

19032011633Stirfried brocoli. Not sure how stirfried this was, but it was cooked simply enough to be enjoyed.

19032011634Sweet and sour fish. Deep fried fish, quickly stirfried in a sweet and sour sauce with onions, capsicums and pineapple. A slight wok hei flavour made this dish very nice.

All dishes came up to a total of $374 HKD, or just over $35 AUD. On the way back to the hotel, I finally decided to try the ‘egg’ waffles. They are named this due to the egg shapes that the waffle is composed of.

19032011635 I wish I had tried these on the first day of this trip when I saw them. At $12 HKD or just over $1.50 AUD, this would’ve made a great snack/dessert on a number of occasions. Each ‘egg’ has a crisp centre and a slightly doughy chewy centre. Oh well, only one more day of egg waffles before heading over to Singapore. How many times can I eat this tomorrow?

1 comment:

wagg said...

Hmmm... how many times could you eat the egg waffles on the last day??? Unfortunately, none :(