HK Singapore 2011 Holiday Day 11

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The day started off with the obligatory coffee at Starbucks. Today, I had an Iced Latte.

22032011649 The Iced Latte had a decent coffee hit but because of the ice, it didn’t feel very milky.

22032011650

Along with coffee, I had some Old Chang Kee items for breakfast. Today, I had a Curry-O and fishballs on a stick. Whilst I love Curry-Os, I was feeling a little funny after eating the two things, probably due to the grease consumed.

After breakfast, we headed to Orchard Road and ION Orchard in particular. We stayed around for awhile, before retiring in the basement of ION for lunch, at their swanky food court. I had a “charcoal roast duck” and rice set. I got asked if I wanted the large version with vegies, and obliged, little did I know it would cost $14 SGD. 

22032011652It tasted OK though, the duck wasn’t the most moist I’ve had but was edible. The kai lan was quite salty due to the amount of oyster sauce they drowned it in. I washed it all down with a lime juice, which tasted like it was a cordial.

After ION, we then proceeded to walk through Wisma Atria and Ngee Ann City. It was at Wisma Atria where I noticed an “award winning” cake shop, and so after perusing the different cakes, decided to give one a try.

22032011654I opted for the Baby Champ Cheesecake, which was charged ex GST for some reason. So it totalled $7 SGD instead of the $6.50 SGD pricetag it had. It was a baked cheesecake and was quite tart due to the lemon and the amount of cream cheese it had in it. I quite liked it, but was a bit expensive for my liking.

After some more shopping, we had a short break back in ION Orchard’s Starbucks.

22032011655I decided to try the Cocoa Cappuccino in iced form. It wasn’t very sweet and I could mostly taste the cocoa over the coffee. It is probably something I wouldn’t have again.

We then headed to Toa Payoh and spent some time with relatives. After catching up and purchasing some Universal Singapore tickets, we headed to a local food court for some dinner.

22032011656For dinner #1, I had a chicken claypot rice set ($5.90 SGD). The dish consisted of rice, chicken, shitake mushrooms, lup cheong and bok choy. The rice was a little burnt in the claypot, but had a nice crunchy texture to it where it had burnt. The dish was quite enjoyable but quite small, so I decided to have…

22032011657 dinner #2. This char siu and rice cost $3.50 SGD and filled the void that dinner #1 left. The char siu was quite good and had nice burnt bits. The soup was peppery and very well seasoned, in fact, I was quite thirsty afterwards due to the salt/MSG content. The only thing missing from this dish is some decent veg (3 slices of cucumber don’t count in my books).

1 comment:

wagg said...

You sound like you don't like your food as salty anymore... but all good, since it's better for you! :)