HK Singapore 2011 Holiday Day 10

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The day started off with getting up early and checking out of the hotel to head to Singapore. After checking out at 6:30AM, we grabbed the A11 bus on Gloucester Road back to Terminal 1 of HK International Airport. We got there roughly 40 minutes later and checked in luggage. After going through the security checkpoint and clearing immigration, we went to sit down and grab some breakfast.

21032011641Seeing Popeye Chicken in the mix (and being open), I thought I’d grab some fried chicken for breakfast. So I grabbed a three piece feed, with a sprite. I threw the biscuit away immediately, and had the fries, chicken and drink. The fries were cold and stale, but the chicken was piping hot and crisp.

Afterwards, we boarded the plane and took off. For lunch, I selected the chicken dish, which was a roasted chicken breast with vegetables, served with a tuna salad, cream cheese and crackers and a bread roll.

21032011642 The chicken was a little salty and the butter for the bread was heavily salted, despite the ‘lightly salted’ label. The cream cheese was more cream than cheese too, I ended up giving half to CB as I didn’t want it all.

21032011643The Haagen-Daaz dessert was a small tub of vanilla icecream. These were rock hard when served and I hate to wait awhile before it was a better consistency and edible.

After landing and clearing immigration, we then proceeded to the SIA stopover counter for our free transfer. After waiting close to half an hour, the bus finally picked us up. We then proceeded to checkin and had a short break before heading off for dinner. Dinner was at Bugis Junction’s foodcourt on level 3.

21032011644 I had a lime juice. A tangy refreshing drink that hit the spot well.

21032011645 I thought I’d try the sizzling pepper beef plates. I opted for the optional egg too. The steak, eggs and rice were all tasty, and so was the miso style soup that accompanied the meal. This cost $6.40 SGD.

21032011646 When I was looking for the pepper beef rice, I saw this vendor who was grilling chicken wings on real charcoal. I knew I had to try some. These were $3.90 SGD for three.

21032011647 After dinner, we were walking around Bugis Junction for awhile. I decided to grab a Chococone from McDonalds. The icecream wasn’t very creamy, not sure if it was a Singapore thing or just this particular store/batch. I don’t remember the icecream being any different…

No comments: