HK Singapore 2011 Holiday Day 18

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

29032011744The morning started off with a peppery chicken puff and an iced vanilla latte. The puff was quite flavourful but wasn’t warmed all the way through. It indeed was very peppery, but there’s no complaints from this pepper lover.

Afterwards, we headed to Plaza Singapura for a quick shop, where I bought some socks. We then had lunch at Carls Jr.

29032011745 I went for the Guacamole Bacon Thick Burger, upgraded with chili cheese fries and a jumbo drink. The burger was quite tasty, but does not compare to the Portabello Thick Burger that I had last trip. The chili cheese fries weren’t that good. Salty, the chili had a decent cumin hit to it but wasn’t spicy. The cheese was also salty, and along with the salted fries, made for a very salty dish. Combine the two together and I couldn’t finish the meal.

After Plaza Singapura, we headed to Funan and spent a couple of hours going up and perusing the levels. I mainly stuck to the game shops and ended up buying Crysis 2 for $61.50 SGD. We then headed off to Bedok MRT station and took a bus to stop near East Coast to have dinner at East Coast Lagoon Hawker Centre where I had a share of:

29032011746Sugar cane drink. Sweet drink which cools down all the spicy food eaten.

29032011747BBBQ chicken wings. Roasted over real charcoal, these had a subtle smokey flavour.

29032011748Kai lan. Served in oyster sauce, this was quite nice. The older folk couldn’t eat this due to it still being too hard.

29032011749Fried sotong (squid). This was deep fried and sweetened with kecap manis, much alike the dim sum version we’ve had before. I don’t mind it but it’s not something I’d choose to eat.

29032011750Sambal stingray. Fleshy and more mild in chilli hotness, this version was I think nicer to eat than the Lau Pa Sat version.

29032011751An out of focus shot of cereal prawns. I much prefer the prawns to be peeled but they never are. Whilst the shell is edible, for me, they aren’t that enjoyable to eat.

29032011752Sambal clams. These were good, and I enjoyed slurping clam and sauce together. Just needed some bread to mop up the remaining sauce.

29032011753Satay chicken. I had a few of these, tender chicken as always. The peanut sauce was a little sweet for my liking so I just ate the chicken by itself.

After dinner, we headed off to Old Town which was not far away.

29032011755 I went for the cendol soy drink, which I thought would be a coconutty, soy milk concoction. It wasn’t sweetened with guala malaka, nor was it coconutty. It was effectively just soy milk with ice and some green noodle thingies to resemble cendol.

1 comment:

wagg said...

Poor Mip, sitting downstairs by herself :(