HK Singapore 2011 Holiday Day 17

Home Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

28032011735Not feeling the best this morning, I thought it’d be best to stay away from the fried food and coffee for breakfast. So at Cold Storage, I bought a Red Delicious apple and some 100% OJ. After getting both down, I felt better.

After breakfast, we walked back to the hotel as one of my cousins was coming to pick us up. We got taken to a bowling alley at the SAFRA club where we had two games of bowling. We then headed towards the Orchard area where we had lunch at Crystal Jade.

28032011736I went for the hor fun noodles with seafood. This was fried dry style, much alike beef horfun in HK. This was OK, but I couldn’t taste any wok hei, maybe because of my blocked nose, or because it wasn’t there. I polished down with two teaspoons of very hot chilli oil and copious amounts of chinese tea.

After our karoke session, we had coffee at Starbucks before departing to Vivocity to meet up with two other cousins for dinner. After perusing the restaurants that were on offer, we decided to try the Peranakan restaurant (Nyonya & Baba). We shared a number of dishes (mostly spicy) including:

28032011737Fish head curry. My cousin gave me the eyeball which I decided to try. The consistency was a little weird, and not something I’d probably eat myself.

28032011738 A chicken curry dish.

28032011739 A vegetable dish.

28032011740 Fried beancurd skin dish with a pork filling I believe.

28032011741Sambal oong choy/kang kung. This was not as good as the hawker at Lau Pa Sat but still enjoyable.

My naming of the dishes for dinner are dismal to say the least as I forgot to note the dish names on the menu. I also forgot to take a picture of the beef rendang that we also had. Overall, the food was very good, although spicy and we ordered just enough for everyone to be comfortable and have no leftovers.

After dinner we retired to “Earle Swensens” for desserts. This is an upmarket Swensens, with a better view, better table settings and a swanky harbour view with more expensive pricing. Service was a typical Swensens though and a bit lacking.

28032011742I decided to have a banana split which consisted of three scoops of icecream, toppings, whipped cream and a whole banana. I received my sundae quite early before the others and had to start eating otherwise it would’ve melted too much. I probably would not go for this again due to the amount of whipped cream that is on it.

28032011743 I also had a mighty malt shake, which although nice thick and creamy, wasn’t very malty.

1 comment:

wagg said...

Hehe! You forgot to take a picture of your apple until halfway through eating it!