Singapore 2009 Holiday Day 13

Home Day: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Hawker Centre, Whampoa Wet Market Area

19112009195

The morning started off with everyone taking bus 124 from the hotel to Whampoa Markets. For breakfast, I went for Chee Cheong Fun ($1.20), which was much alike a version made by Mum when I was younger. It was nice, maybe slightly too sweet but not too bad.

After shopping at the local stores (I bought a whole bunch of stainless steel plates), we then headed to my Aunt and Uncle's place nearby to visit and for lunch. Uncle put on "The Forbidden Kingdom" for us to watch, and I quite enjoyed it. We then had laksa for lunch. 

19112009196

My Aunt makes a great curry, and a great laksa. This was very very tasty. Bits of fish cake, chicken, prawn and tofu, with white noodles and bean sprouts, covered in rich prawny coconut sauce. Absolutely delish!

After a little more mingling, we hopped in a taxi to go to Bugis. We then went our separate ways for the next hour.

Beard Papa, Bugis Junction

19112009197

The first thing I did was hit a puff at Beard Papa. This pastry was also quite dry and crunchy which was a shame. After chowing down, I then went around, looking at various places, eventually ending up at BHG, looking at home stuff. I bought some cork heat pads and then met up with the others at Starbucks where some of the others had drinks. Mum and Dad then headed off.

A little later, we headed to Bugis Markets to peruse the cheaper goods. After an hour or so, everyone except CB headed towards Sim Lim. We headed straight to the top and then worked down, eventually finding the top was the cheapest. I ended up buying notebook and desktop DDR memory, and a 500Gb notebook USB drive. We then met up with CB and headed for dinner.

Yong Tau Foo stall, Bugis Junction

19112009198

I originally felt like something from the Nasi Padang stall, but after looking at their dish options, I opted for something else. Eventually, I went for Yong Tau Foo. This meal was relatively tasty, the broth was not as salty as last time, but I didn't feel satisfied. We then headed back to Novena.

Burger King, Velocity Mall

19112009199

There were advertisements up at Burger King outlets daring customers to take the Shroom Challenge. So that is what Arnee-ah and I did after dinner at Bugis. I went for a meal, whilst Arnee-ah just had the burger. The burger itself was pretty bland, the cheese and shrooms were pretty tasteless. I would've much preferred a Double Whopper challenge (if only one existed).

After a shop at Cold Storage, we then headed to OCK to pick up some things for an early breakfast for the next day (Malacca tour). However, at 9:20PM, the OCK at Velocity Mall was already packing up and didn't have much on offer.

No comments: